We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Bindweed is often considered an invasive plant, but it is nonetheless a very pretty flower.
In summary, what you need to know:
Last name : Convolvulus sepium
Family : Convolvulaceae
Type : Perennial or annual
Height : 20 to 80 cm
Exposure : Sunny
Ground : Ordinary
Flowering : June to October
Plantation of bindweed, beautiful by day
Bindweed, annual beauty of the day:
The annual bindweed is sown in early spring, from April in areas with a fairly mild climate and in May, after the last frosts, elsewhere.
- Bindweed needs sun and heat, but not scorching
- Sow directly in place
- Water regularly after sowing, at least until emergence
Bindweed, beautiful perennial day:
It is recommended to plant perennial bindweed in the spring.
- We find in particular the bindweed from Mauritania and the field bindweed
A quintessential creeper, bindweed tends to spread dramatically without much to do.
Some bindweeds are more of a weed and the difficulty is often getting rid of them ...
- To fight bindweed, you must avoid pulling it out during the flowering period so that it does not reseed
How to get rid of bindweed:
If you find bindweed to be too invasive and unwanted a plant in your garden, here's how to get rid of it.
- Bindweed likes compacted soil, take the opportunity to turn it regularly in depth.
- Remove all new growth to slowly exhaust it.
- If possible, cover the ground with foil or even cardboard for a while to prevent new growth from forming.
To know about the bindweed, beautiful by day
The bindweed or belle of the day is a pretty plant with characteristic flowers that gave it its name.
Indeed, the latter open during the day and close at night while having a very limited life expectancy.
It is therefore the opposite of beauty of the night…
But don't worry, they are constantly being renewed!
Their ability to spread is amazing and you will even find it excessive at times.
However, it has the advantage of being an excellent ground cover and of having a fairly rapid growth, it is perfect for wild gardens.
- Bindweed is a very melliferous plant which makes it an ideal flower to have in the orchard
Smart tip for the beauty of the day
The cuttings is very easy on the beautiful day or bindweed.